I’ve been asked to do a Mother’s Day round-up blog post, and you ask; you shall receive!!!
Mother’s Day on the hill…Ritchie Hill is teaming up with Roots Catering for their 1st Annual Mother’s Day brunch, taking place May 14th from 11:30am-1:30pm. There will be a farm to table menu, bottomless mimosas, and acoustical music. Tickets must be purchased by May 1st! Tickets HERE, and they’re $35/person for 21+, $25 ages 3-20, and children under 2 are free.
Slice Pie Company…I love pie. That’s just a fact. If mom loves pie too, Kristen can ship either the apple or pecan pie to her…make sure to order by May 7th if you need it shipped! If you’re local to Raleigh, you can still order next week. Use the code MDAY17 when you email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for 10% off your order.
Mud. Facial Bar…It starts Sunday with aerial yoga at 11am, and then buy one facial and get 50% off of your second one! Plus, complimentary champagne all day! Book ONLINE as it will sell out fast!
Mother’s Day brunch at the Brawley Estate…There will be a southern brunch and dessert buffet by La-Tea-Das catering Sunday from 11-1 and 2-4! You will get a complimentary family photo and gift for mom included in ticket price. Adults are $35/ticket and children under 8 are $18. Buy HERE.
Massage Works Charlotte is offering $20 off for massage gift certificates! Head to the website to get the deal and book the appointment! Ask for Christine Martin!
The Ballantyne Resort…There will be a traditional style brunch from 11am-3pm in the ballantyne ballroom. Plenty of food and live entertainment, with a complimentary glass of champagne or mimosa for mom. Cost is $85/person, $35 for kids 5-12, and 4 and under are free. There will also be Mother’s Day brunch at the Gallery Restaurant inside the hotel. Reservations are required for both! Leading up to Mother’s Day, the resort will be doing a Mother’s Day tea Wednesday to Saturday 1-4pm, and reservations are required for this as well. When you call to book, make sure to specify which event you are attending! (704) 248-4100
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden is offering Mother’s Day events all weekend long and here is the link to check them out! From free admission for moms, to a complimentary potted plant, and even food and beverages on site!
One Day University…If learning is your mom’s favorite thing, One Day University and The Charlotte Observer are offering a 4 part lecture series at Queens University, on Saturday, May 13th from 9:30am-4:15pm with a lunch break in the middle. $195/person, but use code CH125 for $70 off!!!
Shine on me Jewels is offering Mommy and me button earring sets in tons of different patterns, colors and designs! They’re absolutely precious, so head to her Etsy shop and check them out! $8 for two pairs of earrings!
Blue Sky photography…buy mom a photo experience that will leave her feeling gorgeous and empowered! Check out her website to see examples of what the photographer offers, and you will see why mom deserves this. Starting Monday, May 1st, you can get a $500 gift certificate for $99!!!!! But hurry, these are limited and go fast!
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art…Moms get in free all Mother’s Day weekend! But as a bonus, Saturday is family day at the museum, so kids under 18 get in free as well! Open 10am-5pm Saturday and noon-5pm Sunday.
Chrissy’s Custom Creations…Chrissy has so much stuff to offer on her facebook page, that you’ll need to take a few minutes to scroll through it! I’m personally loving her birthstone necklaces, which are perfect for Mother’s Day, but really any of her gifts would be special for mom! Get your orders in ASAP!
Blue Restaurant and Bar is hosting a Mother’s Day all you can eat brunch Sunday from 10:30am-2:30pm, complete with live jazz, drink specials, and free parking! Adults are $39.95/person, $14.95 ages 6-12, and 5 and under are free!
Pure Stella Skincare…If mom is into hand-crafted skin care products, that are made without harsh chemicals/artificial fragrances, check out this local woman’s online shop! Use discount code MOMS17 for 15% off!
Carolyn Ann Ryan Photography…what do moms love best?! Their families!!! So why not get them a gift certificate for a family portrait session? Contact Carolyn, and she’ll even throw in a $150 print credit if you purchase one for mom or grandma (or any special mom in your life)!!!
Annie Sloan chalk paint sale! From May 8th through May 13th, quarts will be $34.95, Sample pots $11.95, Large Wax $24.95, and small sample wax is $15. You can find them two places…Chelsea and Savannah, and Shoppes at Rivers Edge. Check out their hours!
Bonita Pina…You can shop for mom, while helping support other women around the world (many mothers themselves) earn a fair trade with their hand-made products. Take 20% off with this code, TAKEOFF20, and buy mom a handbag, jewelry, accessories, and so much more!
Does mom like to run?! If so, she can start out her day with The Hunstad-Kortesis Mother’s Day 5K presented by Sportport. But the event is for the whole family, and even has a kids dash! Oh, and there will be complimentary mimosas and wine for mom!
The Peculiar Rabbit...They will be offering a Mother’s Day brunch all weekend long, 10am-4pm, including a free mimosa to mom both days! Pamper Us Mobile Services will be on site Saturday starting at 11am, in addition to other vendors! And on Sunday, moms will get a free cupcake!
If you’d like special printables for Mom, check out the entire package from Anders Ruff Custom Designs…I love this preppy lilly design!
Check out your MLM peeps (Rodan+Fields, Lipsence, Jamberry, Avon, Herbalife, DoTerra, Young Living, Mary Kay, Arbonne, LulaRoe, Beachbody, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, Isagenix, Advocare, Younique, etc.)…many of them are offering a Mother’s Day deal or package of some sort. If you don’t have one of them in your life, I can connect you with one (I have no less than 200 in my feed daily…not an exaggeration)!
What are YOU doing this weekend?!
The big day is finally here for our little Lilly…NC State gymnastics championship!!! We are just grateful and excited for the experience for her, and want her to do her best, so she can feel good about her performance no matter the outcomes/medal count. That will take up a good chunk of our Saturday morning, but we’ll get in to something after that for sure! Then Sunday we have the KinderMourn Hope Floats duck race, which we’ve always wanted to attend, but haven’t been able to before! It usually falls the same weekend as Joshua’s marathon in Nashville, but since we have to be here for the meet, we’ll be able to watch the ducks race! And Joshua can continue to train for a different marathon.
Sooooooo, what else is going on this weekend, April 28th-30th?!!! Read to find out…
Schiele Museum of Natural History…This museum is so well done…we went recently for the Fossil Fair, and was surprised at the size of this place, and LOVED the planetarium! There is FREE admission this Friday from 1-5pm, so it’s the perfect time to try it out, and then get a season pass if you love it!!!
Matthews Food Truck Friday…Time to enjoy the gorgeous weather, jump in bounce houses, east some yummy food, and listen to good music in Matthews! This Friday’s performer is Michael Cosner, and the hours for the event are 5-9pm!
Brazwell’s Backyard Bash…it’s a joint charity fundraiser and fun night out, enjoying burgers and beer, and lots more Friday from 6pm-2am! The host is Rachel Brown of Queen City Chic, who is raising funds for Carolina Breast Friends.
Stonecrest Summer Concert Series…on Friday and Saturday nights, in April through September, from 7-10pm, there is live music and FUN at Stonecrest shopping center! This weekend’s performers are Flutepraise!
Dia 2017 at Imaginon…This is a FREE event aimed at younger kids, and will have Buddy from PBS Kids and Chubby from the Charlotte Checkers! The event takes place Saturday from 10am-2pm, and celebrates diversity in literacy with author, Angela Dominguez.
Spring Fest at Sycamore Brewing…on Saturday from noon-10pm, there will be live music, beer, food trucks, and so much more at Sycamore Brewing! There will also be some special beer releases!
Southpark Family Expo…Put on by Macaroni Kid, this event Sunday from noon-4pm is simply put, FAMILY FUN!!! There will be so much to do, plenty of vendors, and you’ll leave with tired kiddos 🙂 It takes place at Symphony Park, and you can head to the facebook page for up to minute details!
The Cotton Room at Belfast Mill…This super cool pub is showing the movie, Bull Durham, on the projector screen to celebrate baseball being back in Charlotte, with the Knights home opener happening earlier this month! Free popcorn and drink specials, plus an awesome atmosphere make for a fun Sunday night!
KinderMourn Hope Floats Duck Race…This awesome charity event is going to be a highlight of our weekend! We will watch 30,000 ducks be released into the Whitewater Center’s rapids, and see whose duck wins! But most importantly, we’ll be there to support our friends, who are grieving for one reason or another, and who love KinderMourn, for what they’ve done to help them during the unbearable times. The event takes place Sunday 2-5pm!
What are yall doing this weekend? Anything I need to know about? Leave me a comment!
Tag me #mirandainclt if you attend something I’ve suggested!
There’s an arm wrestling championship going on this weekend?! Say no more!
We only have two commitments this weekend, so we’re going to have time to do some fun stuff around town too! The weather looks gorgeous, so I can guarantee a family bike ride (or two) is in our future!
always my favorite view of the skyline, because it’s from my balcony!
Here’s what’s going on for the weekend of
April 7th-April 9th
- Whitewater Center…Film Series. Did you know that the Whitewater Center shows movies on Friday nights in April and May at sundown?! Today’s movie is Telluride Mountainfilm on Tour, it’s free to watch ($5/car to park), and will be at the River Jam Stage! You can always come early, and ride the mountain biking trails for FREE too!
- Lenny Boy Brewing…5 year anniversary party! Saturday from 11am-11pm, and it’s FREE and family friendly! There will be live music from 1-6pm, and a Bao Time food truck will be on site from noon-10pm! But I’m most excited about the professional arm wrestling competition taking place at 7pm! Yes, there’s a league and everything for this?!!! WHO KNEW.
- Victorian Lawn Party…Reid House Matthews. On Saturday, from noon-4pm, there will be a FREE lawn party at the Dr. and Mrs. Reid’s house. There will be a tour of the house, children’s games, crafts, learn to milk a cow, gather around the maypole, a cake walk, and much more!
- The Sandlot…The Cotton Room at Belfast! Last week was Major League, and this week is a crowd favorite, The Sandlot! The event is free, as is the popcorn, and it starts at 7pm! Drink specials are: $3 Domestics, $5 Tito’s and Deep Eddy’s vodka, along with $5 Crown Royals. The month-long drink special is the appropriately named drink, “The Sandlot”, which is a Cheerwine-topped bourbon treat!
- Slow Art Day…Farmer’s Market on Yorkmont Rd! Crafters and artisans have created beautifully detailed wooden bowls, birdhouses, urns, jewelry boxes, toys and planters. There will be beeswax candles and lip balms, goats milk soaps and lotions, and even jewelry made with stones mined from the NC mountains. Come and shop from 8am-5pm!
There will also be Easter-themed activities/egg hunts going on ALL AROUND TOWN, and there are so many, that I’m simply going to name a few places and times, and you can decide the best fit for your crew’s needs! Make sure you click on the link to see specific details about each one, as they are all different!
SATURDAY, APRIL 8th
SUNDAY, APRIL 9th
Anything else I should know about and put on the Miranda in Charlotte facebook page?!
What to do, what to do…this weekend!!! All facts; no fools!
We have another gymnastics meet this weekend for Lilly, and it’s the last one of the season to see if she’ll qualify for States, Regionals, and Nationals! So keep your fingers crossed for our girl if you would! We also have some family stuff going on, but we’ll try to work in some fun when we can here and there! I am SO MAD to be missing out on the first thing on my list because it falls at the same time as Lilly’s meet! But if YOU can make it, YOU should go and facetime me the whole time 😉 Soooooooo, what’s going on in the QC this weekend?! Here ya go!
Week of March 31st-April 2nd
- Voices from the Past…uptown Charlotte cemeteries! Show up anytime between 1pm and 5pm to the Elmwood/Pinewood Cemeteries (on 5th and 6th street) and the Mecklenburg Historical Association Docents will have portrayers impersonating well-known historical figures who are buried there. I’m obsessed with all things related to Charlotte’s history, and also love the backstories of people who lived here. I am so so so sad I’m missing this, and will FOR SURE be at the next one! Oh, and it’s FREE!
- Free Museum entry because it’s the first weekend of the month…If you’re a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit/debit card holder, you get free entry into these five museums this weekend, all day both days:
Mint Museum Uptown
Mint Museum Randolph
Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
Levine Museum of the New South
Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- Matthews Heritage Museum in Matthews is also offering FREE admission on Saturday 10-4:30 since it’s the first Saturday of the month!
- Lucky Dog Bark and Brew Charlotte is celebrating its first birthday Saturday! There will be music 3-6pm, drink specials and the Final Four games on the TVs! They’ll also have UNC Chapel Hill and USC Gamecocks bandanas for your pups, as well as boarding deals!http://luckydogbarkandbrew.com/
- Front Porch Sundays kick off their April dates this Sunday! Yoga+good music+shopping+beer=Sunday Funday! Flyer above gives you all of the details needed!https://www.facebook.com/events/273538063074964/
- CLT Find is now located in the 7th Street Market and has been having soft openings the past few days, but Friday night March 31st, they’ll be celebrating their Grand Opening from 4-9pm! There will be music, food samplings/tastings, shopping, and the first 100 shoppers to spend $10 gets a glass of complimentary wine!https://www.facebook.com/events/1879126679011247/
- To celebrate the Charlotte Knights season opening this coming week, the Cotton Room at Belfast will be showing baseball-themed movies in April! This Sunday night, at 7pm, they’ll be showing Major League, and will even throw in free popcorn too! And great drinks specials go without saying 😉https://www.cottonroomclt.com/events/
- The Charlotte Independence season opener for our pro soccer team is this Saturday at 7pm on UNC Charlotte’s campus! We’re playing Charleston Battery, and it’s only $15/ticket for general admission, so follow the link to purchase yours…https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/independence/EN/buy/details/UNCC0401
- The Charlotte Hornets are playing the Denver Nuggets Friday night, and tickets are still available! Depending on the seats you select, you’ll get a free hat with purchase! Here ya go…
As always, tag me at #MirandainClt if you end up doing something I recommended in this roundup! I love to see how people are exploring Charlotte!!! Also, feel free to let me know what I need to put in my next Find me at post!
Want to know what’s going on around the Queen City this weekend?!
We have plans to go to the mountains with our besties, The Timmermans, this weekend! We are so lucky to have them in our lives, and I’m not just saying that because they have a mountain house in Blowing Rock, I promise. 😉 But we’re coming back early Sunday morning because Kristin and I will be working the Bonita Pina booth at the Atherton Mill pop up…you’ll see more of that down below! Joshua will be flying out to Vegas for a huge convention in the middle of all of that too, so it’s a typical Miller madness weekend! And we wouldn’t have it any other way FO SHO.
Charlotte fun for March 24th-26th
- Spring Fling Pop-Up shop…Atherton Mill Sunday noon-4pm! From their facebook page “Come check out some unique and carefully curated pieces and enjoy yummy food while supporting our local artisans & businesses. From clothing & jewelry to pet treats & art, this Spring Market is your chance for you to skip the big box stores and shop small in our community! 30+ artisan and vendors and their beautiful and unique items will be on display on Sunday, March 26 from 12pm to 4pm at the Atherton Mill and Market. Not Just Coffee, wine, craft beer & food trucks will be on site as well.” Most importantly, I’ll be there selling for Bonita Pina, so make sure you say hi, and that you saw it on here, for a special discount from me 😉https://www.get-offline.com/inspiration/shop-the-spring-fling-pop-up-shop-at-atherton-mill
- Fresh Boutique…Spring Sip-N-Shop is happening now thru Saturday! They have tons of new arrivals and 20% off of everything! Did I mention complimentary mimosas?! You’re welcome.https://www.facebook.com/freshboutique/
- Sam’s Express Car Wash…Grand Opening party Friday from 7:30am-9pm, with FREE car washes all day, and free food, games, music and more noon-6pm! My car is FILTHY, so I will definitely be taking advantage of this one for sure!
- Pikes Nurseries…Grilling in the Garden! Both locations will have FREE soda and hot dogs while supplies last from 11am-1pm to celebrate spring’s arrival! They’ll also have savings of 20% off all regular priced items throughout the store to help you get started with your garden planting needs!
- Latta Plantation…Spring wildflower hike! Sunday 2-3:30pm there will be a FREE 1 mile hike for ages 15 and up, to look at the forest flowers found along the Beechwood Trail. Meet at the Horse Trailer parking lot!
- Cajun Canvas…Date Night is happening here Friday 7-9:30pm, and the cost is only $45 for the couple! I’m living for this two panel project because it’s of my favorite thing…the charlotte skyline! Bring your own food and drink, but heads up, no liquor is allowed in the building!http://cajuncanvas.com/events/date-night-charlotte-the-qc-3/
- Hornets game…We’ll be playing the Cleveland Cavaliers Friday night at the Hive, with the tip off at 7pm! As always, we LOVE going to the games, and you may get to too! Why?! Because XP Retail is sponsoring me giving away TWO tickets (and a parking pass) to a lucky winner!!! To enter, you MUST subscribe to my blog (find the “subscribe” field, enter your email address, and press “YAS!”), follow me on IG, and like my Facebook page! You will also need to like XP Retail’s facebook page! I will enter all of the names into a random generator Friday, March 24th at 2pm, so you will know if you’ve won in time to get to the game! If you don’t win, here’s a link for tix…http://www.ticketmaster.com/Charlotte-Hornets-tickets/artist/931493?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name
With St Patrick’s Day falling on a Friday, there is tons of fun stuff to do this weekend around the QC!!! So make sure you get out and enjoy some of the festivities! And I included some not-just-while-wearing-green activities too!!! Here’s a list of places, some of which you’ll find me at!
Week of March 17th-19th:
- Charlotte Checkers…St. Patrick’s Day game! Our hockey team is playing Friday night at 7:!5pm, and the team will be wearing special green jerseys, that will be up for auction immediately after the game! Green t-shirts will be sold at the merchandise stands! There will be a pregame party before the game, starting at 4pm, that will include fun music and a food truck from The Improper Pig!http://www.gocheckers.com/articles/promotions/st-patricks-day-packs
- Starving Artist Pop Up…Sunday, March 19th noon-5pm! Taken straight from their FB page…The Starving Artist Market brings together those in the community to view and experience art in all its forms. The vendors are all local, handmade artists, that reflect their passion through their artwork. March kicks off the outdoor market, so bring the kids, bring the dogs, and join us!! Food truck vendors are Vic the Chili Man and Fresh Med, and the dessert food truck is Emergensweets. From bath products, jewelry, candles, accessories, beadwork, silk screening, wood work, prints, paintings, carvings, gift sets, bakeries, chocolate, pottery…. the list goes on and on, no matter your style, there’s a piece of art with your name on it! So come find it. Event is FREE to the public.https://www.facebook.com/events/1657318871234925/
- Baxter Village Spring Fling…We’ll be at this one for sure because Bella, my oldest, will be performing with her Irish Dancing school on stage, as well as walk in the parade! The spring fling is Saturday, March 18th 2-6pm, and Baxter does it right for St Patrick’s Day!!! With Sixpence Pub, and Beef O’Bradys being so close to each other in this area, you know it’s a good time! Heads up…the parade starts at 5pm!
- Charlotte Symphony…Beatlemania! More than 20 classics will be performed, exactly how they were written, and accompanied by the sound of the symphony orchestra. You’ll hear hits like “Hey Jude,” “I am the walrus,” “Lucy in the sky with diamonds,” and “Come together.” There are still great seats for Friday, March 17th at 8pm, and very limited seats for Saturday, March 18th at 8pm!http://www.charlottesymphony.org/events/07DE8CAA-F81D-4E45-9C06-CB0375E67CA6
- Shamrock N The Village…Blackfinn Ameripub is hosting a HUGE PARTY all day Friday in the village. You can start the celebrations and libations as early as 10am-noon, where they’ll be offering Kegs and Eggs…breakfast and two beers for $15! Then from 3pm-11pm, there will be live music with three local bands, irish bagpipers, games and giveaways, college basketball of the tvs, and much more!https://www.facebook.com/events/206738969802391/
- St. Patrick’s Day on Main Festival…Rock Hill does St. Patrick’s Day right yall! Head to Old Town Main Street on Fridayfrom 4-9pm, and check out Irish and Celtic music and dance, vendors, food and entertainment for the kiddos too, including a wee zone! There will be more than 25 vendors, and the event is FREE!!!http://onlyinoldtown.com/do/featured/43/st-patricks-day-on-main-festival
- Charlotte Goes Green Festival…Uptown celebrates St. Patrick’s Day Saturday from 10am-6pm, and includes a parade, as well as all day fun! There will be live music, performances by irish dancing schools (including our Bella!!!!), more than 60 vendors, arts and crafts, foods and beverages, and a kids Eurobungy! The parade starts at 11am, and includes neighborhood associations, schools, alumni groups, cheerleading and drill teams, irish dancing schools, international organizations, police/fire/elected officials and commercial businesses, and starts at Tryon & 9th Street. It then marches to 3rd Street where it takes a left and marches down 3rd St. to Caldwell. More than 80,000 people showed up last year, so expect a crowd!http://www.charlottestpatsday.com/
- Extreme Ice Center (Indian Trail)…If you have a little one, ages 4-14, who has not taken any lessons, and wants to try them out, Saturday is the day, starting at noon! And it’s FREE! You have to register online…here’s the link…https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ltsff31817
- Mint Museum Uptown…Sunday from 1-4pm is a family fun day at the museum, where the kids get in FREE, and adults are a reduced $6! Enjoy family-friendly art projects, gallery visits, artist demos, STEAM studio, and family yoga sessions. Also, while you’re there, from 1-3pm, enter to win a family 4 pack of tickets to the new Smurfs movie!!!https://www.mintmuseum.org/happenings/1242/sunday-fun-day-woven-together/